Pages

Give Me Your Eyes... Love This Song

Friday, January 28, 2011

Sick Chicks

Jambo! Sa-Sa, Mambo, and all that Swahili talk...

Debbie has left. We had a good time together. Yesterday we went to the Giraffe Center together after volunteering. I got kissed my a Giraffe! Debbie took a picture, so hopefully she emails it to me, and then I can show you all how brave I am.
I fed them for so long; I think Debbie was getting bored. :) They are so majestic and beautiful. We listened to a talk about the three different kinds in Kenya. The ones in the center are the endangered species. I wish I could remember now what they are called, but they were awesome!

I also did a little shopping. There are so many women who make things that I had to swipe some gifts. :) I would tell you what I purchased, but they are for a few of you.

Now, onto some important news:
Moraa's chickens are SO sick. They have some kind of bird disease that makes them ring their own necks! No joke, they twist their heads until they strangle themselves or can't see where they're walking and then fall over and get trampled. It's terrible.

She's asking for some financial support, and I'm passing the request onto you all. She is a little strange about giving out her account number, but she has an account at Western Union. She said that if you know her name and location (Ngong or Nairobi) you can wire money into her account. I'm not sure how much she needs, but these people barely have enough to eat each day, so anything is appreciated. Her full name is Martha Moraa Bosire.

If you can't support her financially, any prayer support would be wonderful. It means so much to know people are praying for you, and I know she would love it.

I am alone this weekend. I was supposed to spend some time with some missionaries whom Blythfield supports, but they are sick. :( I may still get to see them Saturday because by then everyone will have been "sickly" for 48 hrs and no longer contagious. So, I may be with the Hazards from Saturday- Monday, but it is all up in the air.


I miss you all and am SO thankful for your support!
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment