Pages

Give Me Your Eyes... Love This Song

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mom, Mom, Mom

This week has been quite eventful even though it's only Wednesday. I feel like everyday is an adventure!

News of the Moment: I'm alergic to Mangos! (random) I've developed this crazy rash on my face. It looks like scales. Good thing I'm alone here in Kenya, otherwise you all may not be my friends anymore. (it's not that bad, but it's pretty ugly)
The medical missionaries came to Faraja Orphanage on Monday and when the nurse looked at my face she said I was alergic to sunscreen. But, I knew that wasn't true because the outbreak is only around my mouth. So, another nurse looked at me and said, "You look like my husband! He's alergic to mangos, do you react poorly to poison ivy?"
"Yes, really badly," I told her.
She told me the skin in mangos is simular to poison ivy. Strange.

Monday I helped Morra set up her budget. She doesn't know how to use excel, and I went to business school. Excel is like my second language.

Also, on Monday another girl volunteer came to Naomi's house! She's only staying till Thursday night, but it's been nice having another girl around. She's from Canada. I have met more Canadians in Kenya than I ever did at home! My two friends who live in Nairobi are from Canada too, and the two other volunteers who got robbed with me are from Canada. Alright fellow Americans, time to get adventurous... I need some suport over here.

Another girl came on Tuesday as well, but she is leaving for Massai on Friday for three weeks. She's from Australia and is so sweet. :)

Tuesday I spent about 3 hours on the bus! Rush hour in Nairobi is INSANE and boring. I left Ngong for Nairobi at 2, arrived in Nairobi city center at 4:30 (after a 45 min wait for the other girl coming with me and one bus change). Then we left Nairobi city center at 5, and I did not get to Ngong until 7:15! That was with only a 10 min break between busses to see my Canadian friends. They waited for me :) All this was so I could pay for my Safari with a credit card. bleh Without trafic the trip should take 45 min both ways... max.

Now, we get to the title of this post.
Mother Morra is SO wonderful. She is becoming more of a blessing into my life than I feel I may be to hers.
Today, Kepha (the baby... he's 18 months) kept saying, "Mom?" and Morra would say, "hum?" and then he'd say, "Mom?"; "Hum?" "Mom!?" "Hum, Kepha?" and this went on for at least 15 minutes. I was about the wig out. I wanted to yell, "Kepha! Go do something!"
Then, Morra turns to me and says, 
"Do you think this is how Jesus feels. We are always calling to him, 'Jesus, I am hurt. Jesus, I am tired. Jesus, I love you. Jesus, send me a husband.' but he never gets tired of us. He will always listen to us. This is why I cannot be mad at this baby, because my Jesus will never tire of me."
Then, she bent back over and kept washing clothes. I was so touched. I almost started crying. What a wonderful reminder, blessing, and woman. I Love Her.

No comments:

Post a Comment