Pages

Give Me Your Eyes... Love This Song

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Church

Yesterday I braved Kenya's public transportation alone! I was hoping to have a friend go into Nairobi with me, but it didn't happen. No one was actually home when I woke up.
I walked to the open air market where the buses all gather. I knew I had to take bus 111, but they all look different and none have numbers. One guy grabbed my arm and said, "Bus 111?" I said, "Yes," and climbed on, but it felt nerve raking, so I got off. I hopped on another bus. It felt better not to get shoved onto a bus. I rode the 30 min ride into Nairobi. It was fun. :) When I reached my stop, the conductor guy said, "You're OK now." haha. He must have sensed how nervous I was.

After my adventure in Nairobi purchasing a thermos (to replace the one I broke at the orphanage), water, soap, and fixing my cell phone, I hopped back onto a bus. I felt so brave to travel by myself after what had happened last weekend. My dad didn't want me to travel alone, but it is different here. Everyone takes the bus or matatu. They are 14 passenger vans that drive CRAZY! I avoid those.

That afternoon, I went to visit the orphanage. No one was there. So strange since usually there are 34 children running around. They all go to church on Saturday.

This morning I went to church again. It was such a blessing. I love African church services. They love and depend on the Lord so much that you can't help feeling uplifted. I want to love like them. :)

After church, Jack and I went shopping in the market. It's our day to cook. Vince sent me some recipes to follow. :) Thank goodness because I am the lamest cook ever...We are making spaghetti.

God Bless, Leah

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure you are not the lamest cook ever ;) Can't wait to talk again and hear more. Love you!

    -Holly Jo-

    ReplyDelete