Pages

Give Me Your Eyes... Love This Song

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

In 48 Hours I Will Be On My Way!

It's finally here. The moment that I have wanted for a year now. Since last winter when I read the book, A Long Way Gone, I have known Africa has wanted me. Ishmael Beah (the author of A Long Way Gone) came to GVSU to speak, and his words cemented my longing to love the children left family-less by AIDS, war, and culture. His story and the stories of other orphans all over the world has broken my heart.

Every child deserves a family; if I can't provide the family, then I want to pour as much love, for as long as I can, into their souls.

All there is to say is, THANK YOU! Without all the support of my family, friends, and coworkers this trip would not be possible. God gave me the desire, you provided the funds and prayer support. Words can not explain how right the trip feels, and I am completely blessed to have so many people behind me. Thank you.

Total, you have raised $2,809. This money covers my flight, vaccines, travel insurance, water and laundry while in Nairobi, visa, and volunteer fee. Also, Starbucks workers and customers have filled my extra suitcase full of cloths and craft supplies!

While I am not sure about my internet acess while in Kenya,  I have been assured I can update this regularly. Check back weekly for photos, stories, and perhaps video. I will be looking for your comments. :)

God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. Leah, I think you've left by now, but I hope your travels are safe and you have an amazing and influential experience in Africa! We will miss you! --Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  2. LEAH - I heard what happened... I am praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete