Pages

Give Me Your Eyes... Love This Song

Friday, February 18, 2011

Safari- Coming Home

Hello. Well the trip has ended. I feel slightly like I survived Kenya instead of experiencing Kenya. I don't feel "back to normal" yet... even though I'm home in sweet Rockford, MI surrounded by all my friends. I'm sure it'll just take time and I'll adjust to modern day again.

I couldn't get on here during safari or after because we got home late on Monday (and there wasn't power Monday night) and Tuesday I spent the whole day doing some last minute shopping in Karen and getting my hair braided. It's way cute. Stop into Sbux if you want to see my braids. :)

Safari was AWESOME. It was everything I hoped it would be. Our safari guide was crazy, crude, and rude... and I loved him. He said terrible things, but they were hilarious and made me feel less scared because I was shocked all the time. We saw every animal you could think of except a leopard. My favorite were the cheetahs and elephants. The most scary were the baboons. Pics will be posted soon because a girl got sick and let my use her camera the whole weekend! So, I have great pics that I actually got to take. It was so wonderful (except for her who was sick with Malaria... egh)

The trip home was surreal... until I fainted. I got up to go to the bathroom (again) on the first plan, and I fainted. I was so excited/nervous/in shock that I was going home that I passed out. My seat partner was my little mother hen and scooped me up, kicked out some people from their seats, and made me rest for a few hours. :) I felt so loved by her... and she was a stranger. Her name was Catarina (my Oma's name) and she was from Amsterdam (my Oma's home town)... we had a bond.

Vinnie, my mom, Layna, and Heidi all met me at the airport. :) I got flowers, a trip to red robin, a milkshake, and lots of hugs/kisses.

It's good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment